Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flying through the air with the greatest of ease

Hi! Kidlet number 1 here, you can call me Priszm. In 2006 my parents decided to go on another cruise, this time on Holland America's Veendam. As soon as Mom and Dad decided they wanted to go, Grandpa and his lady friend, we'll call her Angel, signed up to join them. Pretty soon my parents friends from NC were on board, as well as two other couples.


Dad emailed me one day and said that he had planned a wonderful, amazing surprise for Mom. He decided to do a vow renewal ceremony. Mom wasn't to know until the moment of the ceremony. When he sent me the email, my boyfriend JEM and I were considering joining them on this cruise. Dad said if we were able to go, I'd stand with Mom. We did get to go and it was a beautiful ceremony. Although Mom did find out when we first boarded the ship, they had several cards in their cabin and she opened the wrong one. Oops!


Our trip happened to take place shortly before my birthday and JEM's was celebrated on board as his birthday took place the same week as our cruise. My parents told us that for our birthdays they would purchase a shore excursion for us, we just had to let them know which one. It wasn't easy choosing which one we wanted to do. There were several, so we picked our top favorites and told Mom and Dad to pick one and surprise us. So this is what we got to do:

In Belize one of the shore excursions is a zip line tour through Belize's rainforest. It was sooo much fun and soooo pretty! We spent about an hour and a half on a bus heading to the site. Once there we were outfitted in our harnesses, helmets and gloves. Then we went for a short hike. We had a break at a small cave like area where we received instructions on how to zip through the tree tops.
This was so much fun and definitely something everyone should try! And of course, while waiting for our tour to get gathered up and onto the bus, we got to meander through the shops at the port. I didn't do a lot of shopping there, but Mom definitely enjoyed herself at the jewelry store :D

No comments: